Japan (UTC+9), Vladivostok (UTC+10), Korsakov (UTC+11)
Wakkanai – Korsakov
SASCO and Hokkaido Sakhalin Line
SASCO – Sakhalin shipping company operates a passenger ferry service from 2nd June to 19th September of 2017 between Wakkanai of the northern city of Hokkaido and Korsakov near Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk of Sakhalin. Ferries go during the summer season in usual.
new SASCO Wakkanai-Korsakov ferry do NOT sail this year. The agency, Hokkaido Sakhalin Line announced. Following information is suitable for 2017’s regulations.（26th May 2018）
Ferry schedule, Tue. and Sat. from Wakkanai to Korsakov, Mon. and Fri. from Korsakov to Wakkanai. In the high season, Tue. Thu. Sat. to Korsakov, Mon. Wed. Fri. to Wakkanai from 3rd July to 2nd September. Duration of cruising is about 4 hours 30 minutes.
One-way ticket costs JPY18,000 or USD168. Passenger terminal charge of Wakkanai port JPY400 or USD4 is needed when you buy a ticket for Korsakov. Tichets are sold on travel agencies Hokuto kanko at Wakkanai, Nomad at Sapporo, Bitomo at Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk. Each agency answer an inquiry in English and Japanese.
A ship of Penguin33 is available for only passengers, not for freight including bicycle and motorcycle. A passenger can carry on board two pieces of baggage up to 50kg, one piece shall not exceed 30kg.
Port of Korsakov is visa free entering point up to 72 hours staying for tourist. Its program is available to tour travelers of certified travel agency. You will get information about the rule and condition when you contact a travel agency to buy tickets anyway. A ferry company staff told me Hokuto kanko may well arrange a group tour just like an individual tour for alone traveler. It takes about one week for application procedure.
the peak, Tue. Thu. Sat.
the peak, Mon. Wed. Fri.
- Vessel: Penguin33(IMO:9553191)
- Operators: SASCO – Sakhalin shipping company, Hokkaido Sakhalin Line（北海道サハリン航路）
- Charges & Fees: JPY18,000 or USD168. Wakkanai terminal charge JPY400 or USD4.
- Reservation and ticketing: Travel agency of Hokuto kanko（北都観光）phone +81-162-23-3820 at Wakkanai, Nomad（ノマド）phone +81-11-200-8840 at Sapporo, Bitomo（Би-Томо）phone +7-4242-72-6889 at Yuzhno-Sakhalinsk
updated 26th May 2018
Sakaiminato – Vladivostok
DBS Cruise Ferry
The Eastern Dream travels between Sakaiminato of Tottori and Vladivostok via Donghae, South Korea.
13:00 Mon.(Mar. to Nov.)
15:00 Mon.(Dec. to Feb.)
14:00 Wed.(Mar. to Nov.)
17:00 Tue.(Dec. to Feb.)
- Vessel: Eastern Dream
- Operators: DBS cruise ferry
- Charges & fees: economy class from USD265 JPY26,000 KRW289,000 and more. See the Ticket Prices page in English.
- Reservation: Online booking is available, but in Korean pages. Call their office in Donghae 033-531-5611(phone) 033-531-5613(fax), in Sakaiminato 0859-30-2332(phone) 0859-30-2313(fax), in Vladivostok 04232-30-2704(phone) 04262-30-2664(fax) or e-mail.
updated 13 Oct. 2015